PD-SO98A Battery-powered Smoke Alarms Instruction
Battery-powered Smoke Alarms is photoelectric smoke alarm, it is generally more effective at detecting smoldering fires which smolder for hours before bursting into flame.Sources of it fires may include cigarettes burning in couches or bedding. It accords with the ISO/DIS 12239 Standard.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP IT.
This user’s manual contains important information about your smoke alarm’s operation. To insure your safety, you need install one alarm at least in your every single room. Please don’t open the smoke alarm for that may cause improper effect. If you are installing this smoke alarm for use by others, you must leave this manual –or a copy of it—with the end user.
Specifications of Battery-powered Smoke Alarms
DC power: Power: DC9V
Static current: <10uA
AC power: Power: 100-130VAC
Power frequency: 50/60Hz
Static power consumption:＜0.5W
Working temperature: -10~50°C
Where fit to install Battery-powered Smoke Alarms
1. At first, you need install battery-powered smoke alarms in your bedroom and routeway, and should install one item in every bedroom at least.
2. Stairway is important for you to rush out when fires occur, so there must install smoke detectors.
3. You at least require one smoke alarm on every floor,including finished attics and basements.
4. Install one alarm beside every electric facility.
5. Install battery-powered smoke alarmss in the middle of ceiling,because smog,heat and flashes always lift to the top of rooms.
6. If some reasons cause you can’t install them in the middle of ceiling,you need to install them at least 10cm away from the wall.
7. If you like to install them on the wall, they should be installed 10-30.5cm away under the ceiling. Diagram 1.
8. You need install more than one alarm when the length of your hall exceeds 9m.
9. In an ablique roof room,install the alarm 0.9m away from the top.Diagram 2.
10. How to install battery-powered smoke alarmss in a removable house.The removable house is short of heat isolation, so you’d better install the alarm 10-30.5cm away from the ceiling.for safety you need install another one near your bedroom, too.
Where not fit to install battery-powered smoke alarms
1. Where combustion particles are produced. Combustion particles form when something burns.
Avoid installing in the areas include poorly ventilated kitchens,garages,and furnace rooms.Keep units at least 6m from the sources of combustion particles(stove,furnace,water heater,space heater)if possible.Ventilate these areas as much as possible.
2. In air streams near kitchens.Air currents can draw cooking smoke into the sensing chamber of a smoke alarm near the kitchen.
3. In very damp,humid or steamy areas,or directly near bathrooms whith showers.Keep units at least 3m away from showers saunas,dishwhashers,etc.
4. Where the temperatures are regularly below 40 F(4 C)or above 100F(38 C),including unheated buildings,outdoor rooms,porches,or unfinished attics or basements.
5. In very dusty,dirty,or greasy areas.Don’t install a smoke alarm directly over the stove or range.Clean a laundry room unit frequently to keep it free of dust or lint.
6. Near fresh air vents,ceiling fans,or in very drafty areas.Drafts can blow smoke away from the unit,preventing it from reaching the sensing chamber.
7. In insect infested areas.Insects can clog openings to the sensing chamber and cause unwanted alarms.
8. Less than 305mm away from fluorescent lights.Electrical “noise” can interfere with the sensor.
9. In “dead air” space, for example,in Diagram 1,near the corner less than 10cm.
10. If you have a smoking meeting room, don’t install the alarm there for the unit will alarm when several persons smoke.
How to install this battery-powered smoke alarms
Tools you will need:
*Pencil *Drill with 6.5mm drill bit *Standard/Flathead screwdriver *Hammer
1. Hold base firmly and push the hinge in then turn anti-clockwise,so release the base down.
2. Hold battery-powered smoke alarms base against the ceiling(or wall) and make a mark at the center of each of the mounting slots with a pencil.
3. Place the unit where it won’t get covered with dust when you drill the mounting holes.
4. Using a 6.5mm drill bit,drill a hole through each pencil mark into 35mm deep.
5. Insert the plastic screw anchors into the holes and tap them gently with a hammer.Tighten the
3*30 screws into the screw anchors,then loosen them two turns.
6. Slide battery-powered smoke alarms base up to the screw heads end up in the narrow ends of the mounting slots, then tighten the screws completely.
7. Insert the 9V battery into the the box, make sure the red pry is under the battery,so the battery is stable. Diagram 3.
8. Ensure to insert battery before you install the alarm,or you will destroy the unit.
9. Close the cover with the alarm according to Diagram 4,and then finish your installation.
Test of battery-powered smoke alarms
It is important to test this unit weekly to make sure it is working properly. Don’t open the alarms by yourself, return them to the seller if improperly, and don’t use fire to test your alarms.
1. Press and hold the test button on the cover of the unit until the alarm sounds. If it does not alarm, make sure that the unit is receiving power and test it again. If it still does not alarm, replace it immediately or check your battery.
2. The signal flashes once 30 seconds and while it alarms the signal will flash once 0.5 second.
3. If the battery-powered smoke alarms makes low “chirp” sounds every about 30seconds,it tells you to exchange your battery.
4. Little smoke will not cause alarms, so misinformation occurs only when you blow smoke to the alarms directly or you forget to turn on your ventilated facility while your cooking.
5. Sometimes when you smoke the unit will alarm, so you can just blow air to it to stop alarming.
1. Never use water, cleaners or solvents to clean your smoke alarm since they may damage the unit.
2. Test it at least once a week.
3. Clean battery-powered smoke alarms at least once a month. Gently vacuum off any dust using your household vacuum’s soft brush attachment. Open the cover and disconnect the battery, gently vacuum the inside of the cover and the sensor chamber, reconnect the battery.close the smoke alarm and vacuum the outside of the cover, test the smoke alarm.
4. Use these batteries to replace the old one.
Carbon zinc:EVEREADY 216 OR 2122;GOLDPEAK 1604P OR 1604S
Alkaline:EVEREADY 522 DURACELL MN1604 MS1604;GOLDPEAK 1604A
Lithium: ULTRALIFE U9VL
5. You’d better use good battery to make the alarm work long, some batteries can usemore than 1
Limitations of battery-powered smoke alarms
1. United States NFPA72 tells that the safety of life is to be noticed by alarms before fire, to confirm the correct escape way. The fire systems help half of residents escape and we should help the old people, women and children more because they are always the victims.
2. Battery-powered smoke alarms are not foolproof, they can’t prevent or extinguish fires,they are not a substitute for property or life insurance.You need buy some fire fighting facilities.
3. Sometimes the smoke is blocked by objects and can’t reach the detector, and if the wind blows the smoke away from the detector, the unit won’t work either.
How to do in case of fire
1. Call the Fire Department immediately after confirming the fire.
2. Don’t panic,stay calmly and follow your family escape plan.Get out of the house as quickly as possible,don’t’ stop to get dressed or collect anything.
3. Feel doors before opening them to see if they are hot.If a door is cool,open it slowly.Don’t open a hot door-use an alternate escape route.
4. Cover your nose and mouth with a cloth (preferably wet). Take short, shallow breath.
5. Meet at your planned place outside your home, and do a head count to ensure everybody go out safely.
● Please confirm with prefessional installation.
● Please cut off power supply before installation and removal operations.
● Make sure that you have cut off the power for safety purposes.
● Improper operation caused losses, the manufacturer does not undertake any responsibility.
We are committed to promoting battery-powered smoke alarms quality and reliability, however, all the electroniccomponents have certain probabilities to become ineffective, which will cause some troubles.When designing, we have paid attention to redundant designs and adopted safety quota to avoid any troubles.
This instruction, without our permission, should not be copied for any other purposes.